Study in USA

EDUCATION is the most powerful WEAPON which you can use to change the world

Study in USA

Study in USA

American Universities welcome international students who have met their selection criteria. American Universities are definitely melting pots of diverse cultures, with the spectrum spread over more than 60 countries. At present there are almost 6,00,000 international students studying in different universities in U.S apart from about 50,000 Indian students. American degrees are highly regarded world over and give a cutting edge advantage to an individual while applying for a job.

Careful long- and short-term planning is necessary to ensure that you will have a rewarding educational experience in the United States. If you are realistic about your financial needs, you will be better able to enjoy the exciting academic and cultural experience of living and learning in the United States.

Cost Effect

The total annual expenses i.e. fees, books, boarding and lodging will vary from $15,000 to $40,000 depending upon the universities. Majority of Intelpath consult's students are placed in government supported universities that provide quality education, where the tuition fees are very nominal and applicants have high prospects of getting financial aids like tuition fee waivers, research/teaching/graduate assistant ships.

Most of the students get to U.S with just enough money to last a semester i.e. about $10000 in hand. In addition there is financial support available in the form of assistant ships (both research and teaching), tuition waivers and it is possible to work on campus.

Having a bank account will be convenient for money transactions. Many college students appreciate the convenience of a MAC (Money Access Card) or ATM (Automatic Teller Machine) card. If you have an ATM card from a bank in your home country, ask whether the U.S. bank will honor it; some Personal Identification Numbers (PINs) cross national borders, while others do not. Credit cards and Debit cards are convenient payment options. They help to maintain good financial records and also serve to remind you of the money you spend.

Test Requirement

Through standardized tests, the international students are required to prove their English language proficiency as a part of the admission process. These tests are valuable as a common measure of the skills and abilities of people from different educational backgrounds. The tests required include GRE, GMAT, SAT, TSE, IELTS and TOEFL.


TOEFL is Test of English as a Foreign Language. The test is conducted by ETS (Educational Testing Service) and the test fee is $130. Those who want to study in UK have to clear the test with definite scores.

The score is valid for 2 years and the score is sent to 4 universities by ETS free of cost at the time of exam. ETS charges additionally for scores sent to universities later. For more info visit the official website at or


GRE is Graduate Record Examinations and is administered by ETS (Educational Testing Service) The test is essential for candidates seeking admission in a Masters Degree program in fields other than management are required to take the GRE. Most Universities require GRE for PhD. programs.

The score of GRE is generally valid for 5 years and the score is sent to 4 universities free of cost at the time of GRE exam. ETS charges fees for scores sent to universities later. For more info visit the official website or


GMAT refers Graduate Management Admission Test which is administered by ETS (Educational Testing Service) The test is required for admission into a MBA Program. The test fee costs $225.


Scholastic Aptitude Test is referred as SAT. The test is administered by the College Board and is required for admission into any Bachelors Degree Program. The forms for the test are available at USEFI. (US Education Foundation in India) and can make registration by fax, mail or online

The score is sent to four universities free of cost which can be selected at any time of registering for the exam. College Board charges additional for the score to be sent to university later. For more info visit the official website


TSE is Test of Spoken English conducted by ETS (Educational Testing Service) The validity of the score is 2 years. The test has the duration of 20 minutes and TSE is conducted once in a month.

The score in sent to 2 Universities by ETS free of cost. ETS charges additionally for scores sent to more than 2 Universities. For more info visit the official website or

Visa requirement

There are several immigrant and non-immigrant visa options at USA and one has to choose the one that is applicable according to the requirements. The passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the end of your intended stay in the US.

Immigration regulations are very strict with respect to working while carrying a student visa. F-1 status, which is the most common status for full-time international students, allows for part time, on-campus employment (fewer than 20 hours per week.) J-1 student status allows for similar employment, with similar restrictions, as long as permission is given by the exchange visitor program sponsor. M-1 visa holders for technical and vocational programs are not permitted to work during the course of their studies. To get the F-1 visa approved, the student will need to show that he/she has sufficient funds to pay for the first year of study and that you have resources available to cover the rest of your educational program. For an M-1 or J-1 visa, you will need to convince the authorities that you have sufficient funds to pay for all tuition and living costs for your complete stay in the US.

Courses and Universities

There are about 3500 universities in USA that offer the widest choice of over 1000 courses from any field under the sun. 90% of world’s Nobel Laureates teach in US Universities. We carry the space with you

The US has the largest number of universities in the world and currently has seven out of the top ten in the THES-QS World University Rankings - Harvard, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Yale, Stanford, CalTech, Berkeley and Princeton. In total there are literally hundreds of public and private higher education establishments offering a range of courses that you could barely imagine.

Students are permitted to work 20 hours per week on-campus during the first years of study. In the second year students are allowed to take part-time jobs or co-op/internships off campus to fulfil academic or financial requirements. The on campus jobs do not pay much and certainly not enough to finance a university education. This kind of jobs can only be a supplement to other funds.

Job prospect

Along with the acceptability and recognition of education, USA also offers the best in terms of future job prospects and immigration possibilities after studies. All students are entitled to stay back and work for one year period in USA under OPT (Optional Professional Training). Majority of the students are successful in finding a suitable placement and secure H1B (Job Visa) during the period.


A number of housing options are available in the United States of America for the international students matching to their budget. One can opt on-campus or off-campus accommodation conveniently located near the university or school. Normally accommodation is expensive in USA It may take up 1/3rd of 1/4th of the total cost of living expenses.

On-campus Stay Options

The Schools and Universities which offer accommodation for international students will be on-campus, or near the school's classrooms, libraries and other facilities. They provide "Dormitories", buildings with many rooms for sleeping and living, often with two or three people (of the same gender) per room. Moving into a dormitory setting is relatively simple: utilities such as electricity and telephone connections will most likely be ready to use. Dormitory residents typically share large bathrooms which include showers and toilets. Many first-year students prefer to live in on-campus dormitories because they are convenient to both academic and social activities. Another advantage is that you needn’t have to travel to reach campus.

The Admissions Department or International Student Office will most likely send a "pre-departure orientation" packet to each international student. It includes information about stay and accommodation options.

Off-campus Stay Options

An off-campus housing office will help you with information if your School/university doesn’t offer accommodation for international students. They assist to find an appropriate place to live providing information about local neighborhoods, including popular restaurants, shopping areas, parks and recreation, and public transportation.

You can find accommodation outside, like apartments, private dorms, Co-operative residence halls and rooms in private houses. Co-operative residence Halls are large houses where a group of students live together sharing costs and chores like cooking, washing, cleaning etc. Rooming houses provide single rooms with common kitchen, bathrooms and laundry services. Rooming houses are cheap compared to other housing facilities. Another option is to live as a paying guest with a family. Some families expect the students to do some service in return for room and board.

One can find a compatible roommate to share expenses for utilities like electricity, telephone service etc. Before committing to a lease, or an agreement to rent an apartment, spend some time in the area to decide if it feels safe and convenient to places like school buildings and grocery stores. Read the lease carefully before signing. You will learn, for example, that the landlord is not responsible for your possessions if they are stolen or destroyed, so you may consider purchasing "renter’s insurance."